- Honey, Lime and Siracha Lettuce Wraps Topped Tomato & Avocado
½ pound Raw Shrimp peeled & deveined
1 Head Lettuce
1 Medium Tomato
2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
1 Tbsp. Honey
1 Clove Chopped Garlic
2 Tbsp. Hass Avocado Diced
1 Tbsp. Siracha
1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp. Canola oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Marinade shrimp in the juice from 2 limes, chopped garlic, cilantro, shallot, siracha, honey and jalapeno for 20 min.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add canola oil.
- While skillet is heating chop tomato, avocado and prepare lettuce for wraps.
- Sauté shrimp in skillet under shrimp are pink. This usually takes 1-2 minutes per side. Do NOT overcook shrimp!
- Place cooked shrimp into lettuce wrap and top with avocado and chopped tomato.
Serving size: 3 Lettuce wraps
Nutrition Facts: 360 calories, 20g carbohydrates, 17.5g fat, 12g fiber and 35g protein.
Description: This dish is a perfect way to add lean protein to your diet, which aids in staving off hunger and is used to create lean body mass. The addition of siracha, honey and jalapeno will really give your taste buds a kick without adding additional calories. Not to mention capsaicin in peppers has been shown to increase metabolic rate to have you burning more calories during the day. This meal creates the perfect low carb lunch or dinner to help reduce body fat and keep you lean!
- Coconut Almond Berry Smoothie (Vegan)
½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1Cup Frozen Blueberries
½ Cup Frozen Strawberries
2 Tbsp. Shredded Coconut
1 Scoop Raw Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with additional shredded coconut if desired and enjoy!
Nutrition facts: 235 calories, 30g carbohydrates, 6g fat, 9.5g fiber and 20g protein.
Description: This smoothie is perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Packed with protein, antioxidants, and fiber this yummy smoothie is also cholesterol free and won’t pack on the pounds like a store bought smoothie variety. Remember by giving your body fuel in the morning you rev up your metabolism to start burning calories for the rest of the day! Enjoy!
- Plantain Chips with Guacamole and Orange Segments (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Ingredients: 2 Green Plantains
1 Medium Tomato seeded and diced
1 Jalapeno seeded and diced
3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
3 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
2 Chopped Garlic Cloves
2 Oranges cut into segments
Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Place plantain slices of baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray chips with non-stick cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Slice avocados in half and discard the pits.
- Scoop avocados into bowl and top with juice of one lime.
- Mash avocados until smooth.
- Add chopped garlic cloves, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro to guacamole mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
To assemble: place plantain chips onto plate and top with ½ Tbsp. Guacamole. Top with half of one orange segment and enjoy!
Serving size 10 chips. Nutrition facts per Serving: 157 calories, 8g fat, 20g carbohydrates, 4g fiber and 1.5g protein.
This snack or appetizer provides so much flavor it’s truly satisfying. Snaking between meals has been shown to help prevent overeating and can even aid in weight loss if choosing the proper foods. This snack is less than 200 calories and provides healthy fats that aid in increasing good cholesterol, so feel free to indulge without the guilt!
- Spice Rubbed Salmon with Slivered Almonds, Reduced Fat Goat Cheese, Strawberries and Mixed Green Salad with Balsamic Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette
1 6oz. Filet of Wild Salmon
1½ Cup Fresh Organic Strawberries
1 Bunch Fresh Basil
1 oz. Organic Goat Cheese
1 Cup Organic Mixed Greens
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves Minced
1 tsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp. Slivered Almonds
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
Make spice mixture for salmon. To a small mixing bowl add canola oil, cinnamon, cayenne, smokes paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
Place salmon on baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Brush spice mixture on salmon and bake for 12 minutes until cooked through.
While salmon is cooking prepare balsamic dressing. Combine basil, 1 Cup strawberries, 2 Tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
Add mixed greens to bowl and top with remaining sliced strawberries, almonds, goat cheese and cooked salmon filet. Drizzle with strawberry balsamic basil dressing and enjoy!
Nutrition facts: 550 calories, 23g carbohydrates, 31.5g fat, 3g fiber and 56g protein.
This gorgeous salad is full of omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin K, fiber, vitamin E, vitamin C and protein. The healthy fats and protein in salmon help to keep you satisfied in between meals reducing snacking urges while the mixed greens, almonds and strawberries provide fiber to help keep you regular and keep you full for hours after eating. The small portion of goat cheese provides additional protein along with a delicious creamy tart flavor to entice your palate without adding too many calories. Plus the spices on the salmon pair perfectly with the sweetness of the strawberries! Bon Appetite!