Sick of pumpkin yet?! Didn’t think so! Pumpkin is so delicious and can take on savory or sweet flavors. I use pumpkin in baked goods such as muffins, cake, cookies or breads, curries, soups, lasagna, smoothies… ok you get it I’ve used it in everything! Well yesterday morning I decided I was sick of my usually greek yogurt with berries an opted to make this super yummy mug cake which not only cooks in two minutes, but is also the perfect fuel for your morning work out!
This mug cake is packed with protein, low carb and full of nutrients such as fiber, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C. May I also mention that pumpkins have 30% more potassium than bananas plus they are lower in carbohydrates than bananas, so they are perfect to add to shakes or baked goods and to ward off leg cramps! This mug cake was so filling you won’t even know its low calorie as well!
Ok Here’s The Recipe:
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Almond flour
1 Tbsp. Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 Cup Canned Pureed Pumpkin
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp Baking powder
2 Packets Stevia
2 Tbsp. Non-fat Plain Greek Yogurt
2 Tbsp. Canned Pureed Pumpkin
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Packet Stevia
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased microwave safe dish and microwave for 2 minutes on high.
2. Mix ingredients for toppings and pour onto mug cake.
3. Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!
272 calories, 6g fat, 18g carbohydrates, 42g protein, 8g fiber, 35mg cholesterol
- Healthy Protein Treats (onthegofitness.wordpress.com)
- Recipe 9: Carrot and Walnut Cake…in a Pumpkin! (bakingforblokes.wordpress.com)
- Apple-Pumpkin Spice Cake (wanttogetskinny.wordpress.com)
- Cinnamon Pumpkin Protein Stack Cake (lindsaynulphfitness.wordpress.com)
- The World’s Top 10 Best Things to do With Pumpkins After Halloween (theverybesttop10.com)
- Pumpkin Recipe Roundup (wayfair.com)