Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes! This high protein, low carb breakfast is so easy and delicious I’m sure it will become a staple in your house as it is in mine.
…And before anyone freaks out about the veggie sausage I used in this recipe you may substitute with turkey sausage, but just know that one veggie breakfast patty is only 80 calories and 10g protein! Not to mention they are super yummy!
- 1 whole egg
- 7 egg whites
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 veggie sausage patties (recommend organic)
- olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Spray olive oil into medium sized skillet and tune on to medium heat.
3. Dice red bell pepper and white onions and add to skillet. Saute vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
4. Chop asparagus spears into half inch pieces. Add to the skillet with peppers and onions.
5. Dice sausage patties and add to skillet as well. Cook vegetables for an additional 2-3 minutes and add black pepper if desired.
6. Spray muffin tin with olive oil spray and fill muffin cups about half way with vegetable mixture.
7. Mix whole egg with egg whites and season with black pepper.
8. Fill muffin cups with egg mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
9. Bake muffins for 20 minutes.
10. Enjoy! 🙂
Serving size one muffin.
- Parmesan Tilapia (cookingwithmrc.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Scrambled Egg Whites with Spinach and Cottage Cheese (weightloss.answers.com)
- Low-Calorie Meatloaf Recipe (weightloss.answers.com)
- What’s in your Lunch Box Part 3! (eatrunandeverythinginbetween.wordpress.com)
- Recipe of the Day: Asparagus-and-Mushroom Frittata (news.health.com)
- Asparagus Poem for Very Veggie Wednesday (healthyeatingstartswithapoem.wordpress.com)
- Mini Egg Cups (ripped2fitstacey.wordpress.com)
- Egg White Bites (livinghealthywithd.wordpress.com)